Dj Val Bio: My journey in music began 19 years ago. My dad was a dj and had all of his equipment set up in a backroom of our old house. My parents always told me never to touch any of the stuff because I would end up breaking it. Guess what? I touched!! LoL About 3 years later, I did my 1st gig and the rest was history. I found radio when I joined as part of Amigos Radio back in 2007 led by the Original Chorizo Crew from KQQK (Boogieman & Jumpin Jess). It felt so crazy and surreal to be working along side these guys I idolized as a little girl. The next step I took was joining Tejano Hits Radio in early 2011. With them I got a chance to experience the big time events and learned so much about the behind the scenes action. Shout out to both crews by the way!! As anything else in life being a dj has its ups and downs but I wouldn't trade this for the world. You guys, the fans, make it all worth while and it's because of you that we do what we do. Support la onda and show people....hey we ain't goin nowheres!!!!
Facts about me:
1. 5 years ago I was terrified of microphones
2. I was once told a girl could never be a dj....ha!
3. I am the clumsiest person you will ever meet
4. I owe all I am today to 1 man...my Shawty!
5. Girl djs rule!!! LoL Sorry I had to
Top 5 Artists:
2. Latin Breed
3. Shelly Lares
4. Emilio Guererro
5. TCG baby!!!!
Top 5 Fears:
1. Rats & other rodents....ewwww!!
3. Deep water
4. Not being able to dj
5. Not having my kids
Top 5 Restaurants:
1. Broadway Buffalo Wings
3. Garay Mexican Grill
4. McDonalds (woohoo $1 menu)
5 Jobs Ive had:
1. Have been part of Latin Rythym Djs since the beginning
2. Payless Shoe Source
3. Retail & merch for the Houston Rockets/Toyota Center Yeah....thats it!!
"Incase you didnt know it boo, ladies rock the tables too" - Valerie Marquez
"It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on" - Marilyn Monroe